Le Monastère opens a circus cabaret in a church
The St. Jax Gothic Revival Church was inaugurated in 1864 as St. James the Apostle. At the time, it was located in the middle of a field. Like most churches in Quebec, in recent years, it has seen the number of its faithful decline. Rather than close its doors, it decided to diversify its activities.
Read Caroline Montpetit's article in Le Devoir